Juried Photographic Print Competition and Exhibition
Sponsored by the JC Raulston Arboretum and the Triangle Carolinas Nature Photographers Association
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 – 11:59 pm–11:59 pm
– Online Entries Due
- Saturday, September 29, 2018 – 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
Calling all photographers! Do you have an eye for beauty? Would you like to share your work with other people who would appreciate it? If so, the Juried Photographic Competition is for you. Adults and youth can submit original photographs of garden or plant related subjects. Distinguished judges will determine the winning images and cash awards will be presented. The winning prints along with the judges' favorites will be displayed at the Arboretum during the months of October and November for the public to see. Don't delay! Start capturing your favorite images today. Maybe yours will become "Best in Show."
This competition is open to all levels of photography experience and to photographic prints only. There will be four prizes for adult entries: Best in Show will win $200, 1st place will win $100, 2nd place will win $75, and 3rd place will win $50. There will be a Best in Show for the youth category (age 16 and under) with the winning prize being $50.
Monday, August 20 – Late registration begins
Wednesday, August 22 – Submissions due
Friday, August 24 – Judging begins
Friday, September 28 – Judging ends
Monday, September 10 – E-mail sent to participants notifying them that their photographs were selected (or not)
Monday, September 24 through Thursday, September 27 – Selected image drop-off
Friday, September 28 – Final judging
Saturday, September 29 – Reception
Susan Bailey, Mary Doherty, and Dawn Willis will be this year's judges.
Submission instructions are provided in the confirmation e-mail that's sent shortly after the registration is received. Additional reminders will be sent by Chris Glenn. If you have any questions about submitting your photographs, please send your questions to Chris Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information brochure is available online for downloading and printing.
- $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for youths. Each entrant may submit a limit of two entries per registration. Each participant is limited to one registration. $10.00 additional fee if not pre-registered by Sunday, August 19.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is considered complete when payment is received.
- Registration fees for this event cannot be canceled.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this print competition.