Day Tripping to Temple Flat Rock Preserve and Flower Hill Nature Preserve
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm
Rounding out our spring day trips will be a short drive to Triangle Land Conservancy properties in Wake and Johnson Counties. These sites have both interesting geographical features and hopefully ephemeral wildflowers in bloom. We will start with a site known as Temple Flat Rock Preserve and head from there to Flower Hill Nature Preserve, then stop at Bailey's Café for lunch. If time allows, we will tour a little of the Sarah and Bailey Williamson Preserve at Walnut Hill before heading home. Our guide for this day's trip will be the JCRA's own Andrew Pais, who worked with the Nature Conservancy while studying for his Ph.D.
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.