Day Tripping to Camellia Forest Nursery
Postponed Due to Bad Weather
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 – 9:00 am–1:00 pm
Our first day trip of the season is to Camellia Forest Nursery in Chapel Hill where we'll learn about camellia care, culture, and breeding from one of the experts in the field--David Parks. David has traveled to China and collected species other than the ones with which some of us are familiar. David has a highly esteemed breeding program and is developing some wonderfully colorful and shapely new camellias while also venturing into the wholesale market. Want to know how to make tea? Ask David! You can buy your own tea camellia—and plenty of other camellias and rare plants in his nursery before coming back to Raleigh.
Transportation is provided, but if you plan on shopping, you may wish to meet us there. This is especially true if you'd like to purchase larger plants.
- $15.00 for members, $20.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.