Tree Planting Class and Demonstration
"Happy Trees Begin with Proper Planting"
Basil Camu, Treecologist, Leaf & Limb
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
Note: We've canceled this class.
Proper planting is so critical to the long-term health of a tree. Many future issues can be avoided with a bit of knowledge during the planning and planting phases.
Every new tree needs three critical ingredients when being planted
- Ideal growing conditions suited to its species type.
- Proper installation.
- Space in which to grow without interfering with infrastructure.
During this course, we will focus on the second critical ingredient, which is proper installation. We will provide you with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to properly plant a tree and how to avoid common pitfalls that lead to big trouble later on, such as the buried root collar.
This is a hands-on class so be prepared to get your hands and knees dirty! Besides, what fun would a class be without digging around in the soil?
About Basil Camu
Basil Camu is a Treecologist with Leaf & Limb. He loves teaching others about trees (he also really likes hot peppers, pickles, and anything from Lucette Grace). Trees clean our air, water, and soil. They provide us with food, shelter, and medicine. They make us happier, healthier, and wealthier. They are the technology that can help us fix our environment. Trees are amazing!
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Registration is closed.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this program.