Garden Writing Class
"Garden Writing for Publication or Personal Enrichment"
Pam Baggett, Freelance Garden Writer, Lecturer, and Photographer
- Saturday, November 10, 2007 – 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Sunday, November 11, 2007 – 1:30 pm–4:30 pm
Eloquent garden writing is a pleasure to produce, whether you want to publish or simply enrich your garden experience through journal-keeping. Combining lecture and in-class writing exercises, we'll explore how to create lyrical and compelling prose. We'll discuss the fundamental building blocks of beautiful sentences and paragraphs; an expanded language of color and texture; how to take your work from first draft to finished product; and the basics of publication, including how to successfully write and pitch article proposals to editors.
Pam Baggett is a freelance garden writer, lecturer, and photographer whose work appears in Horticulture, Fine Gardening, The American Gardener, and the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication – Perennials. She is a recipient of the Quill and Trowel Award from the Garden Writers Association and has taught garden writing through Duke University's Lifelong Learning Program. She curates the entrance garden at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
November 10, 2007
10:00 AM-12:00 PM – Instruction and in-class writing exercises
12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Lunch
1:00 PM-4:00 PM – Instruction and in-class writing exercises
November 11, 2007
1:30 PM-4:30 PM – Instruction and in-class writing exercises
- $100.00 for members, $140.00 for nonmembers ($40.00 membership included).
- Contact Faye Koonce at (919) 513-7457 or email@example.com or Autumn Keck at (919) 513-3826 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this workshop. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. Cancellations can be made through November 2, 2007 (Friday).
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this workshop.