Take Your Best Shot
Presented by the JC Raulston Arboretum and the Capital City Camera Club
Chris Ogden, Chris Ogden Photography
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 – 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Whether your love is shooting nature, man-made places and things, people, critters, flora, abstracts, or events, award-winning professional photographer Chris Ogden will guide you to better composition, shooting techniques, and post processing in this all-day workshop. You will see and learn all three components of making great photographs: technical (image quality), craft (applied techniques), and art (what are you saying? what feelings/thoughts are you evoking?).
We'll explore how to make your best shot even better through the top 25 most common issues that Chris sees when he judges print competitions and performs critiques. And, we'll apply these live in class to your work through a wonderfully interactive day! Chris will illustrate best practice concepts not only through his great shots (and mistakes), but also via your images. As an attendee, you may submit up to three of your own images for use in critiques and processing makeovers to show how to move your images up whole grade levels. Image submission details available upon registration.
Enjoy the best of both a seminar setting and personalized instruction!
About Chris Ogden
Chris Ogden is a respected professional photographer and sought-after photography competition juror, print critiquer, and mentor. Chris teaches photography at places such as Duke University, Popular Photography, camera clubs, custom one-on-one training, and in the field via photo expeditions to Iceland, Cuba, Death Valley, Escalante, Lake Powell, and beyond. For more background information, visit http://chrisogden.com.
- Early registration: $49.00. Late registration (begins Sunday, October 1): $59.00 for JCRA and photography club members, otherwise $64.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 100 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this program.