Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
- Thursday, September 28, 2017 – 10:00 am–2:00 pm
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Leave the Legos and electronic games at home and come play with nature. We will have a variety of natural items to explore and play with under the pine trees. Grab a friend or bring a picnic and spend your day playing with nature!
- All ages!
- Free self-directed experience
- This is a free, drop-in program. No advance registration is available.
- Look for us in the gardens around the Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.