Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
- Monday, September 25, 2017 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Join us out in the gardens to be inspired by the fall garden scenery. We will use sticks, leaves, seeds, and other natural materials from our gardens to make paint brushes. Children will delight in using different these fun paintbrushes to create their fall masterpiece.
- All ages!
- Free for Arboretum family members, $5.00 per child for nonmembers
- Advance registration is not available for this program. Please bring your membership card or payment to the event.
- Find us in the Asian Valley, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.