Day Tripping to NC State University's Phytotron and Conservatory
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
The 2017 spring trips begin with a visit to NC State University with tours of the Phototron and the Conservatory, both on main campus. At the Phytotron, we will learn how plants are grown in controlled conditions for research. And, we'll see tropical plants on display in the Conservatory from where research and extension work.
Please note the Amorphophallus titanum will not be in flowering during our visit as it flowered in September 2016.
- $10.00 for members, $15.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.