Dig into Veggies! Children's Program
Thursdays, April 27 through May 25, 2017, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Do you have a budding farmer in the family? Have someone who is interested in seeing vegetables in a new light? Or, are you hoping your homeschool student will learn how to tend the backyard garden and deliver fresh veggies to your door?
This five week course is the class for your homeschool student! Together we will explore all aspects of a vegetable garden from planning the garden to making their plate beautiful with vegetables. Each week's class will consist of time in the garden and activities from the Junior Master Gardening program, "Learn, Grow, Eat and Go!"
This drop-off class is for homeschool students ages 8–11. Registration includes the five classes and materials needed. Registration for individual weeks is not available.
- $60.00 for Arboretum members, $75.00 for nonmembers.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 1 week prior to first class will not receive a refund.
- The Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.