Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
Cohosted by the Extension Master Gardeners and the JC Raulston Arboretum
Rieppe Hendrick, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, August 28, 2017 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
The American Horticultural Therapy Association defines horticultural therapy as "the engagement of a person in gardening and plant-based activities, facilitated by a trained therapist, to achieve specific therapeutic treatment goals." Additionally, they state "the visual aesthetics of plants are known to elicit feelings of inner peace, which generates positive emotions toward a meaningful appreciation of life" and "direct contact with plants guides the individual's focus away from stress enhancing their overall quality of life." Learn how therapeutic horticulture can help improve one's well-being.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.