Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Experiences Teaching at Pyongyang University of Science and Technology in North Korea"
Ted Stephens, Nurseries Caroliniana
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Ted was asked by Pyongyang University of Science and Technology (PUST) to teach a course in ecology and horticulture in North Korea during the fall of 2016. He will review his experiences there and how he interacted with the students. All of the teaching is done in English. The top English speaking students in North Korea are given the opportunity to attend this university where professors are recruited from around the world. The native plant material will be examined as well as agricultural practices observed there. A visit to the DMZ will be shown from a unique perspective: from the north rather than the south. Pictures and videos will be shown that have probably never been seen in the outside world.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.