Planting Seeds: Yoga Fundamentals
Margaret Popin, Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Saturday, October 8, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Saturday, October 15, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Saturday, October 22, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Saturday, October 29, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Saturday, November 5, 2016 – 10:00 am–11:15 am
Come learn about the ancient practice of yoga that has been helping millions of people around the world obtain enhanced wellness. Receive alignment-based guidance through fundamental asanas (poses) practiced in Level 1/open level Vinyasa Flow classes to gain the tools and knowledge useful for navigating through your practice mindfully and safely while surrounded by the beautiful gardens at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
Chapter 1: Introduction to basic yogic/Sanskrit terms, philosophy, importance of the breath, aligning movement with breath
Chapter 2: Surya Namaskar A & B
Chapter 3: Square-hip poses
Chapter 4: Open-hip poses
Chapter 5: Back bends, forwards bends – bring some sort of strap, like a cloth loop-belt or a long piece of non-stretchy material
Chapter 6: Overview sequence, closing circle, and final remarks
Please bring: Yoga mat, large bath towel, and water to each class.
About Margaret Popin
Margaret Popin is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) with Yoga Alliance, and is currently enrolled at Blue Lotus's Advanced Training program. Having been born and raised in a musical and artistic household in Southern California, Margaret enjoys cultivating creativity in yoga via songs, chants, storytelling, photography, and is always brainstorming ways to connect communities with yoga in intriguing, meaningful ways. She also possesses a deep interest in psychology and is working towards registering with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Margaret teaches in Raleigh and Durham and offers private yoga sessions. For more information and updates she can be found on Facebook @Margaret Popin Yoga, and on Instagram @ZenithArrow.
Margaret currently resides in Raleigh with her husband, James, and her sagacious three-year-old daughter, Beatrice.
- $72.00 for members, $90.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Registration is limited to 25 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina. Each class meets at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this course.