Day Tripping to Cape Fear Botanical Garden
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 – 9:15 am–3:15 pm
We've started a wait list for those interested in joining us on our visit to Cape Fear Botanical Garden. If you'd like to be placed on the wait list, please contact Chris Glenn at email@example.com. We may get an extra van if enough people express an interest in going.
A visit to Cape Fear Botanical Garden on November 9 ends our fall 2016 day-trip series. Along with a guided tour, we will also be able to view the larger-than-life Lego sculptures made by California artist Sean Kenney, part of a Nature Connects: Art with LEGO Bricks Exhibit. Camellias and a project to help wounded soldiers are just two of the many intriguing features that are part of the Cape Fear Botanical Garden.
9:00 am – Meet at Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum
9:15 am – Depart JCRA
10:30 am – Arrive at Cape Fear Botanical Garden, tour
12:00 pm – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
1:00 pm – Enjoy gardens and Lego exhibit on your own
2:00 pm – Depart CFBG
3:15 pm – Arrive JCRA
- $15.00 for members, $20.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.