Day Tripping to Architectural Trees and Plantworks Nursery
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016 – 9:00 am–3:45 pm
October 11 is "nursery day"! We're visiting Architectural Trees in the morning to browse, shop, and eat a packed lunch before heading to nearby Plantworks Nursery. Staff there will offer us a guided tour of their production processes. Plantworks Nursery wholesales ground covers and perennials. You might come home with a special cultivar of the JC Raulston Arboretum's signature Japanese maple from Architectural Trees.
9:00 am – Meet at Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum
9:15 am – Depart JCRA
10:00 am – Arrive at Architectural Trees
12:30 pm – Depart Architectural Trees
1:00 pm – Arrive at Plantworks Nursery
3:00 pm – Depart Plantworks Nursery
3:45 pm – Arrive at JCRA
Please bring a lunch with you. We'll eat it at Architectural Trees before we leave for Plantworks Nursery.
- $15.00 for members, $20.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.