Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
The Arboretum is filled with a variety of trees. Join us to start a leaf journal with your child.
We will provide you an empty journal and map. The map will show you a trail of interesting trees. At each marked tree on the map, leaves will be available to add into your journal along with your observations! Collect other leaves as well, but please remember to be respectful of the trees and collect only leaves that have fallen off of the trees.
Reserve your spot online to ensure we have a leaf journal waiting for you!
- All ages!
- Free for members, $5.00 per child for nonmembers.
- Register online to save your spot.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.