North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Wildflowers of Northwestern Colorado"
Tim Alderton, Research Technician
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Follow along and explore the flora of the dry steppe to the moist mountain meadows, only scratching the surface of the diversity to be seen in a small area of north western Colorado. Flora growing among the summer temperatures and drought shortly replaced by patches of winter 's remnant snows by only traveling what seems like just around the bend in the road. Come along for the rides and hikes!
Join us for a reception at 9:30 am. Meet the speaker and socialize with like-minded gardeners.
- Free for North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members and Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, otherwise $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.