Day Tripping to Prairie Ridge
Charles Yelton, Director, Prairie Ridge
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016 – 8:45 am–11:00 am
The nature reserve showcases 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, and water features. A wide assortment of flora and fauna representative of the region can be seen along with green technology and architecture that minimizes harm to the natural elements. The Jesse B. Perry Arboretum contains trees native from the mountains to the coast of North Carolina, grouped by region. For information on the site, go to http://naturalsciences.org/prairie-ridge.
Charles Yelton, Prairie Ridge's director, will guide us on our tour from 9:00 am to 10:30 am.
- $10.00 for members, $15.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Prairie Ridge Ecostation, 1671 Gold Star Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- A gravel parking lot is located adjacent to the entrance of Prairie Ridge Ecostation. You will see a fence, kiosk and gate marking the Prairie Ridge entrance just before the drive curves around to the right.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.