Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
Cohosted by the Extension Master Gardeners and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Ferns: Fiddleheads to Fronds"
Bob Payne, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, October 24, 2016 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
About Bob Payne
Bob Payne is a Extension Master Gardener with Wake County. He has been involved in gardening his entire life and inherited his love of plants from his mother. Bob has had gardens in New Mexico, Arizona, and Florida before moving to North Carolina almost 28 years ago. Faced with landscapes that have been dominated by large red and white oaks, he has come to enjoy the challenges and opportunities associated with shade gardening. He developed a particular interest in ferns and their propagation—a group of plants he feels that are underutilized and underappreciated. Bob has a B.S.Ag. (entomology/plant pathology) and B.S.N, from the University of Delaware and a M.H.A. from Duke University. He currently works for Duke University Hospital as an operations administrator.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.