Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
Cohosted by the Extension Master Gardeners and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Living with Insects—The Good and the Bad"
Louise Romanow, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, June 27, 2016 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Insects are everywhere, and as gardeners we want to make decisions on control based on identification (as much as possible), deciding whether damage is tolerable, and the impact on other beneficial insects. Learn about strategies for reducing insect damage while minimizing the environmental impact of control measures. We'll discuss some common insect pests, their life cycles (often a key to control measures), and intervention while also exploring where beneficial insects fit in the picture.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.