Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
Cohosted by the Extension Master Gardeners and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Right Plant, Right Place Means Success"
Robert McKay, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, January 25, 2016 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Robert will discuss the importance of choosing the right plant for the right place in the first of the Extension Mater Gardeners' new lecture series at the JC Raulston Arboretum. Frequently, people will purchase a plant that has the right color, texture, or height without consideration for what the plant needs to succeed. Robert will review some basics like sun, moisture, and soil as well as landscaping goals. He'll show photographs and landscape drawings and ask what inferences can be made and how that should impact plant selection. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how their property impacts their plant selections and learn how to choose the best plants for their landscape.
Stay after the lecture for an interactive forum and have your gardening questions answered. Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, JCRA staff members, and fellow plant lovers will share their knowledge and experiences with you. Do you have a plant that needs identification or would you like to share your love a great plant? If so, bring a sample or photographs with you.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.