Bonsai Lecture and Workshop
Sponsored by the Triangle Bonsai Society and the JCRA
Harold Johnson, Triangle Bonsai Society
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 – 9:30 am–4:30 pm
Bonsai combines a three dimension art form and basic horticulture. Join Harold Johnson, Triangle Bonsai Society, in this two part educational program as he discusses and demonstrates the art and science of bonsai. In the morning session, he'll describe the basics of bonsai design through a lecture and visual presentation. In addition, the presentation will include discussion on selecting plant material suitable for bonsai and the basics of caring for a bonsai. During the afternoon workshop, participants will receive assistance as they design their own bonsai, prune their juniper to the design they chose, and then plant their outdoor bonsai in a ceramic bonsai pot. The juniper, bonsai container, wire, and soil are included in the workshop fee. If possible, participants should bring their own garden shears.
Note: The workshop portion of this program is full, but openings remain in the lecture portion of the program.
- Lecture: $5.00 for JCRA and TBS members, all others $10.00; Lecture and Workshop: $70.00 for JCRA and TBS members, all others $90.00.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 people and is considered complete when payment is received. A minimum registration of six participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture and workshop.