Summer Garden Camp Children's Program
Monday, June 27, 2016 through Friday, July 1, 2016 – 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Campers harness exciting technology to become Citizen Scientists and share their findings with the world.
This new camp for 3rd–5th graders blends two 21st century movements to inspire and empower a new generation of naturalists.
Each day begins with a geocaching treasure hunt as the Garden Explorers use handheld GPS to discover that day's Citizen Scientist activity.
Next, they hunt data in the garden: How many bird nests are in the gardens? What pollinators can they find? Campers collect and load their findings into on-line databases used by scientists worldwide.
Drawing on the expertise of the arboretum staff and research powerhouse NC State University, Garden Explorers combines technology, outdoor fun, and scientific research in a unique and meaningful program that teaches campers they CAN make a difference.
Enrollment is limited to 12 campers. Campers bring a bagged lunch and snack from home.
- Rising 3rd to 5th graders.
- $225.00 for members, $255.00 for nonmembers.
- Registration is closed for this event.
Registration fees are 100% refundable when the Arboretum cancels the camp. Memberships are not refundable.
Participants wishing to withdraw from a camp that has not been canceled by the Arboretum must provide a written request by May 27, 2016. If the withdrawal request is received by May 27, 2016, a refund will be given minus a 15% administrative fee per child per camp. No fees will be refunded if registration is canceled after May 27, 2016.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Camp drop off and pick up will be in the brick circle at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.