School is out for the summer, but there's still one day left in the week. Can't get away for a long weekend? That's okay - your students can enjoy the day finding their way around Arboretum.
It's a day filled with maps, geocaching, and compasses. We'll follow the directions to find our way through the gardens, learn our paces and other nonstandard measurements, and create our own key to create a follow the trail puzzle. Then, it'll be onto learning about geocaching and try our hand at finding some hidden in the Arboretum.
This program is open to 2nd through 5th graders. Students need to bring a lunch and snack. There may be outdoor portions of this program. Please have your student bring clothes for going outside.
- Current 2nd to 5th graders.
- $55.00 per child for member families, $70.00 for nonmembers
- Advance registration is required since space is limited to 12 students. Please register online using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Ruby McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.