Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Tuesday, September 29 – Nature Friends
Join our children's program coordinator for a stroll through the gardens. We will collect materials to create some unique nature friends to take home.
This is an outdoor program. Please dress for the weather.
- All ages!
- $5.00 per child.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Caregivers participate with children.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.