Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"In Search of the Horticultural Big Five – A Horticultural Journey through South Africa"
Tony Avent, Plant Delights Nursery at Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Thursday, April 20, 2006 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Take a visual journey through South Africa with Tony Avent to see the floral wonders in this part of the Southern Hemisphere. On trips to Africa, people typically talk about seeing the "Big Five." This refers to the fauna list of buffaloes, elephants, leopards, lions, and rhinoceros. Enjoy Tony's "Big Five" from a floral point of view, that is Agapanthus, Aloe, Brunsvigia, Haemanthus, and Kniphofia and so much more.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.