Day Tripping to White Pines Nature Preserve
- Saturday, March 4, 2006 – 12:00 pm–4:30 pm
Join us on our day trip to White Pines Nature Preserve, the Triangle Land Conservancy's flagship property. Located at the confluence of the Deep and Rocky rivers, White Pines Nature Preserve is a great place to enjoy nature. The preserve supports several stands of white pines, a tree that is normally found in the cooler mountain region of North Carolina. Many other plants more commonly seen in the mountains including Catawba rhododendron and mountain laurel grow at White Pines, too. Benson Kirkman and Jesse Perry will lead us on special tours highlighting the natural beauty and the plants of White Pines. Part of the proceeds for this trip will be donated to the Triangle Land Conservancy.
- $25.00 for members and $30.00 for nonmembers. Fee includes transportation to White Pines Nature Preserve.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this trip. This trip is limited to twenty-four participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. Cancellations can be made through February 24, 2006 (Friday).
- White Pines Nature Preserve, Chatham County, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.