Family Fun Event Children's Program
"Wacky Watermelon Afternoon"
- Sunday, August 18, 2013 – 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
It's the Year of the Watermelon according to the National Garden Bureau, so come celebrate one of the country's largest edible fruits!
There will be plenty of watermelons, and many fun activities with watermelons. Have you ever bowled with watermelons or painted with watermelons? Come participate in the fun contests scheduled:
2:30 PM – Heavy and Round Contest. Pick a watermelon and enter it in the heaviest watermelon or largest circumference contest.
2:45 PM – Seed Spitting Contest. Who can spit the seed the furthest?
3:15 PM – Watermelon Rolling Race. Are you the fastest roller? Pick your watermelon carefully!
3:45 PM – Watermelon Trivia. Think you know the most about watermelons? Try your knowledge out in this trivia contest!
The fun may be limitless, but space is limited. Please make sure to save your spot by registering your family!
- $15 per family for Friends of the Arboretum, $20 per family for all others
- Advance registration is required. To register, contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.