Family Art Workshop Children's Program
"Exploring Color, Texture, and Nature's Shapes, and Patterns with Collage"
- Sunday, March 10, 2013 – 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
Each parent and child will create and experiment with the versatile media of collage using patterned and solid color papers, colored pencils, fabric, and more! Techniques for incorporating cut or torn papers and other media with glue stick will get your creativity flowing for sure. Please feel free to bring in your own collection of used or new swatches of wrapping paper, postage stamps, or stickers for your use in the class.
This workshop is intended to give parent and child some understanding of ways they can create with collage at home or on family vacations. The class focus will be on the creative process and not on a product. However, you may have fun sharing your creative fun with family members in the form of handmade cards or gift tags!
No previous art experience necessary!
All art supplies are covered in the registration fee.
Special Guest Instructor: Emily Reece, Master of Arts in Education
Emily has taught creative art classes for over 30 years including teaching for the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh, The Durham Arts Council, The N.C. Public Schools, and the Carolina Friends School in Durham. She served as Curriculum Coordinator of The ArtSchool at The ArtsCenter in Carrboro. She is currently a professional artist and teaches students ages 6–86!
Suggested age: Child age six and up with parent
- $49 for Arboretum members, $54 for nonmembers
- Advance registration is required. Space is limited to 10 parent/child pairs. Please register in advance by Wednesday, March 8 by contacting Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7007.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7007 for more information about this workshop.