Family Art Workshop Children's Program
"Exploring Color and Texture with Watercolor Paint"
- Sunday, March 3, 2013 – 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
Each parent and child will each do their own experimentation with this vibrant and versatile media. Watercolor techniques will be explored in a fun way with the creative process as the focus instead of product. Of course, you may have a great time making your experiments into homemade cards to give away to friends and family!
This workshop is intended to give parent and child some understanding of ways they can create with this media at home or even on family vacations. Please arrive in old clothing since the water-based paint could possibly stain fabric.
No previous art experience necessary!
All art supplies are covered in the registration fee.
Special Guest Instructor: Emily Reece, Master of Arts in Education
Emily has taught creative art classes for over 30 years including teaching for the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh, The Durham Arts Council, The N.C. Public Schools, and the Carolina Friends School in Durham. She served as Curriculum Coordinator of The ArtSchool at The ArtsCenter in Carrboro. She is currently a professional artist and teaches students ages 6–86!
Suggested age: Child ages six and up with parent
- $49 for Arboretum members, $54 for nonmembers
- Advance registration is required. Space is limited to 10 parent/child pairs. Please register by Wednesday, March 1 by contacting Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at email@example.com or (919) 513-7007.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7007 for more information about this workshop.