Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
"Shop the PAX Fall Plant Sale"
- Saturday, September 29, 2012 – 8:00 am–4:00 pm
Explore the outdoors with your family at the Arboretum!
Take Your Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Shop Pi Alpha Xi's Fall Plant Sale on Saturday from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Annuals, perennials, shrubs, vines and trees will all be on sale. Bring cash or checks as credit cards will not be accepted.
Pi Alpha Xi is the national horticulture honor society which promotes high scholarship, fellowship, professional leadership, and the enrichment of human life through plants. Proceeds from the NC State Iota Chapter plant sale will go to area charities and horticultural scholarships. For more information, please visit http://www.ncsu.edu/project/pialphaxi.
- No registration is available for this event.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor's Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7007.