Ongoing Programs Children's Program
Registration Closed – Wait List Started
"Worms, Worms, Worms"
Rhonda Sherman, Extension Specialist
- Wednesday, July 25, 2012 – 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Have you ever wondered what worms do all day? Did you know there are over 4,000 species of worms? The smallest is half an inch, and the largest is 22' long. Can you tell which end of a worm is its head?
Join Rhonda Sherman, extension specialist and worm expert, for a morning all about worms and vermicomposting. Vermicomposting (composting with worms) is a popular way to compost for most households, schools, and businesses. Keeping a worm bin at your home will reduce your household garbage, produce a great soil amendment, and create a supply of free worms for your next fishing adventure!
During the workshop, participants will put a worm bin together and decorate it to take home with them. Worms will also be available at an additional cost to participants to complete the bin setup.
This program is recommended for rising kindergartners and up. Parents and caregivers are asked to stay with participants during the workshop.
- One Leaf Bucks coupon or $12 per child.
- Advance registration is required. To register, please e-mail Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7007.