Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Species Begonias from the Land of the Olmecs"
Rekha Morris, Ph.D.
- Thursday, May 20, 2004 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
"Species Begonias from the Land of the Olmecs" will focus on some of the more interesting and unusual begonia species which Rekha has documented and collected in the rain forests of the eastern Sierra Madre Mountains of Veracruz and adjacent areas of Oaxaca states of Mexico. Rekha, a noted speaker and garden writer, has taken six trips since 2001 to these areas. With the help of several maps and slides of landscapes, the first part illustrates where begonias grow, while the second part focuses on the begonias themselves.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.