Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Gardening with Confidence—50 Ways to Add Style for Personal Creativity"
Helen Yoest, Gardening With Confidence
- Thursday, November 1, 2012 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Helen will share an overall view of her book discussing why she wrote, the process, and thanking the gardeners who helped make it possible. Helen's book shares her design perspective, providing tips that you can apply to your garden at home. "Each of us brings a unique quality to everything we do. While garden types are definable—cottage, formal, contemporary—your personal style will make your garden unique. There are some gardens that make me feel like I'm in the pit of a well-orchestrated symphony, with each instrument—a flower, a shrub, a tree, an accent—insignificant on its own but lyrical within the arrangement. These gardens may not be expensive, but they are thoughtfully arranged, with each addition carefully considered. The rhythm, the scale, the color echo—it all works well together. Nothing dominates or upstages the other important players." Helen's book shares 50 to add elements to you garden.
Book Launch and Signing
Join us for the launch of Gardening with Confidence: 50 Ways to Add Style for Personal Creativity. Books will be available for purchase and signing.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.