Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Part of A Walk in the Winter Garden
"The Winter Garden"
Dick and Judith Knott Tyler, Pine Knot Farms
- Sunday, February 17, 2008 – 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Hate the heat, the mosquitoes, ticks, snakes, and other summer delights? Consider gardening in the winter! Our "Winter Garden" comes to life as the leaves fall in October and November when many are ending their gardening year. Judith and Dick will follow the season with plants which brighten their days from the holidays, through the dreary months of January and February on into spring. Judith and Dick are famous for their hellebores, but this presentation will include small trees, shrubs, perennials, and bulbs too. They'll trace the development of their garden throughout the years, discussing soil preparation, some of the problems, and a few solutions they've reached while they established their garden.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.