The mission of the JC Raulston Arboretum is to introduce and promote plants that diversify the American landscape, thereby benefiting our communities economically, environmentally, and aesthetically, as well as provide educational experiences to the general public, students of all ages, and the green industry.
Strategic Goals and Vision
The JC Raulston Arboretum will continue and advance:
- Collecting, evaluating, and selecting for introduction landscape plants for their most beneficial economic, ecological, and aesthetic value;
- The gardens as a venue for research and as a living laboratory which resides in and complements the curricula of NC State University;
- Educational experiences for plant enthusiasts, Green industry professionals, adults, and children;
- The gardens and collections by compelling casual visitors to become supporting members and long-term stakeholders;
- The gardens and collections by successfully marketing the benefits of its facility, events, workshops, programs, and plant sales;
- Fund raising and development initiatives.
The JC Raulston Arboretum is:
- An invaluable resource for NC's Green Industry and plant enthusiast, and it is a leader in plant introductions for the American landscape.
- A tranquil green space in the heart of the city where beauty and extraordinary plant collections combine to provide visitors with an inspirational and educational experience and an opportunity to connect to the natural world.
- An engaging educational resource for students of all ages—offering lectures, workshops, symposia, and numerous learning opportunity about plants, the environment, and how they are connected.
- An excellent venue for daytime business meetings, conferences, with the added bonus of beautiful gardens to stroll and relax during breaks. (Private tours may also be arranged.)
- A perfect venue for weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties, or any special occasion.
The JC Raulston Arboretum operates as a nonprofit entity under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc. Most of the JCRA's operational support comes from its membership program, fund-raising events, grants, and private gifts.