Pop-up Summer Succulent Sale – Closed
Thursday, June 4–Monday, June 8, 2020
Note: This sale is online only. There are no onsite sales.
Our gates may be closed but our passion to connect people with plants is stronger than ever. So what did we do when contacted about a special supply of gorgeous succulents? We scooped up as many as we could knowing you'd be as excited as we are about these little beauties.
It didn’t matter that we had just ended our spring plant sale, or that our limited onsite staff barely had time to get their feet back under them. When asked if we should do it or not, we got an overwhelmingly loud, "yes!," from the JCRA staff. You see, we love a good plant sale as much as you.
You'll find a selection of almost 60 succulents to choose. From four different varieties of ice plants to eighteen varieties hens and chicks you are going to like what you see. These are not your grandmother’s hens and chickens!
Now for those of you who just participated in our spring sale, the checkout process is a little different. It has been moved to our e-store which will not allow any plant to be oversold. This also means all purchases will be paid online with a credit card through the e-store. No checks or cash.
The complete catalog is below. The e-store will only have a basic description of each plant.
We appreciate your love of plants and continued support of the Arboretum. These plant sales mean more to us than ever with most of our revenue sources completely diminished during this time. Enjoy this unique pop-up sale. If you are not a member, what a great time to join. If you are a member, be generous with your plant ordering and encourage your gardening friends to join now as well! Additional gifts to support the Arboretum can be made online at http://go.ncsu.edu/jcra_gifts.
- Orders are placed online via our e-store. An online catalog is available below. A confirmation e-mail will be generated by the e-store and serve as confirmation that your order has been received. The confirmation e-mail is sent immediately, but in limited situations it may take time to arrive. In two to three days, you will receive a confirmation directly from us that includes a list of the plants you purchased.
- A link to the e-store will be e-mailed to all members on June 4 shortly before 12:00 pm. Please do not share this link. The sale is available to current JCRA members only. If you are not a member, you can join now and take part in the sale. If you do not get an e-mail, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the URL.
- Shopping begins at 12:00 pm on Thursday, June 4 and ends at 11:59 pm on Monday, June 8.
- Payments will be made online by credit card during the e-store checkout process. No checks or cash. (We have moved to the e-store to prevent overselling plants.)
- Within two days, you will receive a SignUpGenius link for you to schedule a pickup date and time. The e-mail will come from email@example.com with the subject line: Schedule JCRA Plant Pickup. Pickup days are Wednesday, June 17 12:00 pm–2:00 pm and Thursday, June 18, 10:00 am–4:00 pm. We have limited the number of days and times because the garden is closed with a very lean staff and to adhere to social distancing guidelines. For everyone's safety, we ask that if you are feeling ill or are symptomatic that you please send someone else to pick up your plants.
- No sales onsite—preorder only—no shipping, pickups only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I browse the plant list before the sale begins?
Yes, the online catalog is available below. Feel free to share the catalog with your friends. However, only JCRA members will have access to the order form to buy plants. Your friends can become members now at https://jcra.ncsu.edu/join/.
Will the garden be open?
No. At this time, plants will be ordered and paid for online via our e-store and picked up in front of our parking lot gate on Beryl Road at a pre-scheduled pickup time and date
How does the online shopping work?
Members receive an e-mail with the catalog link to peruse before the sale begins on Thursday, June 4. On Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 am, members will receive a link to the e-store. You will place and pay for your orders online. The e-store will send you a confirmation immediately upon completion of the order. Please note that there may be a delay in receiving it. Within two days, you will receive a SignUpGenius link for you to schedule a pickup date and time. The e-mail will come from firstname.lastname@example.org with "Schedule JCRA Plant Pickup" in the subject line. Pick days are Wednesday, June 17 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Thursday, June 18 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We have limited the number of days and times to adhere to social distancing guidelines. For everyone's safety, we ask that if you are feeling ill or are symptomatic that you please send someone else to pick up your plants.
When are scheduled pickup times?
The pickup dates are the week following our Southeastern Plant Symposium at Home. At this time, pickup times are scheduled Wednesday, June 17 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Thursday, June 18 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Times are limited because the garden is closed with a very lean staff.
What happens if some plants I ordered are not available?
The e-store limits order quantities to only plants that are available. No substitutions will be made.
How do I pay for my order?
This sale is prepaid only. All orders are paid for during the e-store check-out process. No checks or cash will be accepted.
Can I call in my order?
No, all orders must be placed online.
When will my order be ready?
Your order will be ready at the pickup time you select using SignUpGenius. All shoppers are required to schedule a pickup date and time using the SignUpGenius link provided in the e-mail received a few days following the date your order is placed.
Where do I pick up my order?
Orders are picked up in front of our parking lot gate. Enter Beryl Road from Blue Ridge Road. Signs and staff will guide you. Please have vehicles ready to receive your plants. We want this process to be quick, safe, and easy.
What do I need to say or show to pick up my order?
Show copy of paid invoice or tell staff the first and last name on the invoice.
Can someone else pick up my order?
Yes, they will need to give your first and last name and pickup during the time you have prescheduled.
Will the plants be loaded into my car?
No, to maintain social distancing, your plants will be grouped and ready for you to load. Please have your vehicle organized and ready for loading prior to arrival at the Arboretum.
What if I am not available during my pickup time?
We have very limited opportunities for pickup times. If you or someone you know is unable to pick up and pay for your order during the scheduled time, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
What happens if it is raining during my pickup time?
Plant pickups will occur rain or shine.
All sales are final. Please maintain a 6' distance from our staff and other guests during pickup. We appreciate your support! We hope you find something exciting for your garden.
Can I check-out as a guest in the e-store.
Yes, you can. In fact, if you've lost your password for the e-store, this is the best option as well.
Plant Availability List
Some plants may be available in low quantities. Order early for the best selection.
Note: The quantities available are accurate at the start of the sale. The e-store will provide an accurate count of what's left. When "Out of Stock" is indicated, there are no plants of that particular kind remaining in the sale.