We're excited to offer the Friends of the Arboretum access to the source of our mulch. A big thank you to the folks at NC State University's Horticultural Field Lab (HFL) for their role and support in making this happen.
The proceeds from mulch sales support both the JCRA and the HFL.
The dirty details:
- When: Saturday, October 24; other dates available by making prior arrangement with the Horticultural Field Lab superintendent Bradley Holland by e-mail at email@example.com
- Time: 8:00 am–3:00 pm
- Where: Outside the back gate to the HFL via Ligon Street, see map
- Cost: $16.00 per cubic yard for wood mulch* and $5.00 per cubic yard of leaf mulch
- Payment: Cash or checks only (checks made payable to NCSU/JCRA)
- Loading: Open truck and trailer beds only, member to bring covering and tie-downs
- Service: If someone isn't at the mulch pile when you arrive, please call the phone number on the sign for service
*The wood mulch is a blend of 80% wood chips and 20% leaves and we find it doesn't mat, allows water to penetrate, and nurtures the soil as it breaks down.