"Tissue Culture of Phalaenopsis Orchid Seed and Seedlings"
Denny Werner, Director
- Saturday, February 25, 2006 – 9:00 am–1:00 pm
Workshop participants will learn about orchid sexual reproduction and seed biology. Participants will learn and engage in the techniques of orchid seed sterilization, and culture of seeds of Phalaenopsis orchids on artificial growing media under aseptic (sterile) conditions. Participants will also subculture five-month-old Phalaenopsis seedlings onto fresh media, and transfer older seedlings from sterile culture conditions into pots for greenhouse growing. Participants can take home young Phalaenopsis seedlings.
This workshop limited to twelve individuals. If demand exceeds space available, a waiting list will be maintained and another workshop will be scheduled at a future date.
- $30.00 (members only), nonmembers must become a member.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this workshop. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. Cancellations can be made through February 17, 2006 (Friday).
- B21 Mary Anne Fox Science Teaching Laboratory, NC State University.
- Need directions? Click here for a map. The Marye Anne Fox Science Teaching Laboratory is building #76 and the Brooks Lot is near #80.
- Free parking is available in the Brooks Lot on the corner of Hillsborough Street and Brooks Avenue.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.