Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Blueberries for the Home Garden"
James Ballington, Professor, NC State University
- Thursday, March 16, 2006 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
James Ballington is a leading authority on the genus Vaccinium, and has been involved in blueberry breeding for over thirty years. Jim will discuss the dual fruiting and ornamental usage of this versatile fruit in the home garden. He will also address the culture and management of blueberries in the home garden, and share his recommendations on the best varieties to grow. Join us to learn about how easy it is to grow and enjoy this incredibly healthful fruit in your home garden.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.