February's theme is "Color and Shapes in the Garden."
Garden Buds is a hands-on, seasonal themed preschool program. In each session, Garden Buds will discover a garden theme through hands-on activities, creative art projects, stories, and a snack. Parents and caregivers are requested to stay with their children during the program.
Here's sample schedule of a typical program:
10:00 am to 10:10 am: Investigation station
10:10 am to 10:25 am: Welcome song and theme of the day
10:25 am to 10:45 am: Craft project
10:45 am to 11:00 am: Make a garden snack
11:00 am to 11:15 am: Story and snack time
11:15 am to 11:25 am: Garden walk
11:25 am to 11:30 am: Good-bye song
If your child has food allergies, please make a special note when registering.
Please dress for the weather and art projects that involve glue and paint. Although a majority of the program is indoors, part of the program may be outdoors if weather allows.
- Ages three to five with caregiver.
- $10.00 per child for members, $12.00 per child for nonmembers. Registration fee covers one child and their caregiver.
- Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Please register online using our new registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Ruby McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.