Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Creating the Tropical Look with Hardy and Tender Plants"
Doug Ruhren, Head Gardener, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Thursday, November 17, 2005 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Have fun and celebrate (the heat and humidity of) summer by creating a tropical garden. Do it the easier way and build it on a backbone of winter hardy tropical-looking plants such as hardy palms, bananas, and many others. Be surprised by a number of unexpectedly hardy plants. Flesh it out with a wide range of irresistible tender treasures.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.