North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Inspired to Rock Garden"
Ian Young, North American Rock Garden Society Traveling Speaker
- Saturday, November 2, 2013 – 12:30 pm–2:00 pm
The gardens and places that inspired me to grow rock garden plants and how I interpreted them into our garden.
"Inspired to Rock Garden" is the second lecture in a two lecture series. Following the first talk and the plant auction, there will be a break for lunch after 11:30 AM. Because of the short break, we are encouraging people to either bring a bag lunch or to take advantage of box lunches that can be ordered ahead of time. Two sandwich options are available: chicken salad or a vegetable medley with Swiss cheese. Both include two sides, a cookie, and iced tea. Please note neither option is vegan or gluten free. Please indicate your selection in an e-mail to Charlie Kidder, Piedmont Chapter chair at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27.
Cost is $12.00. Make check payable to "Piedmont Chapter NARGS." Send checks to Bobby Wilder, treasurer; 2317 Elmsford Way; Raleigh, NC 27608.
Note: Payment must reach Bobby Wilder by October 30.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.