Floral Design Workshop
Jihye Schumann, American Institute of Floral Designers Member
- Saturday, June 29, 2013 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
This workshop will help you to capture and create a piece from your own summer garden by showing you how to pull together and use the natural lines of the flowers and greens. We will focus on the grouping of flowers to emphasize color, texture, and space that gives the piece a natural, relaxing look.
About Jihye Schumann
Jihye Schumann began studying floral design 14 years ago in Seoul, Korea where she won several design competitions. In 2006, she came to the United States to continue her studies in horticulture at Texas A&M. She was awarded membership into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) in 2007. She has given demonstrations at the Texas floral convention, assisted with classes for the Benz School of Floral Design, Texas Garden Club, and several other design shows. She has also worked with famous designer Hitomi Gilliam to present at the national AIFD symposium. Her most recent employment was for Dr. Delphinium in Dallas, Texas, which won National Retail Florist of the Year in 2012 by Florists' Review Magazine and the Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association.
- $50.00 for members, $60.00 for nonmembers. Fee includes all materials.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2013, to register for this workshop. This workshop is limited to 15 participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. A minimum registration of eight participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Workshop cancellations can be made through Friday, June 14, 2013. No refunds will be made after June 14, 2013. A $5.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.