Orchid Repotting and Care Workshop
Sponsored by the Triangle Orchid Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
Suzanne Hens, Ph.D., Ralph Sears, and Paul Welty, M.D.
- Saturday, July 13, 2013 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
In this workshop, you will learn how to make your orchids thrive and bloom. The workshop provides hands-on repotting along with information for successful growing of orchids indoors. Participants will leave with their newly repotted orchid and the confidence they need for successful orchid cultivation.
|9:00 AM-9:10 AM||Welcome and Introduction|
|9:10 AM–9:40 AM||Basic Care Your Orchid Requires|
|9:40 AM–10:00 AM||Essentials of Repotting|
|10:00 AM–10:10 AM||Break|
|10:10 AM–10:50 AM||Hands-on Repotting Session 1: Moth Orchids|
|10:50 AM–11:00 AM||Break|
|11:00 AM–11:50 AM||Hands-on Repotting Session 2: Cattleyas|
|11:50 AM–12:00 AM||Wrap-up|
About Suzanne Hens and Ralph Sears
Suzanne Hens, Ph.D., is a board member of the Triangle Orchid Society and has been growing orchids indoors for several years and in this time has had successes and failures with over 100 orchid plants in her possession.
Ralph Sears is currently the president of the Triangle Orchid Society and has been growing orchids indoors and knows firsthand the ups and downs of getting orchids to flower.
Paul Welty, M.D., is a retired pediatrician who obtained his first orchid in 1963. He was a volunteer at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in Sarasota for ten years before moving to Durham. Currently, he is the vice president of the Triangle Orchid Society and cares for about 400 orchids in his personal collection.
- $55.00 for members, $65.00 for nonmembers. Fee includes all materials.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com by July 5, 2013, to register for this workshop. This workshop is limited to 15 participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. A minimum registration of eight participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Workshop cancellations can be made through Friday, June 28, 2013. No refunds will be made after June 8, 2013. A $5.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this workshop.