Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"The Evolution of Japanese Horticulture"
Takayuki Kobayashi, Kobayashi Nursery, Japan
- Sunday, August 26, 2012 – 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
Takayuki Kobayashi, the owner of Kobayashi Nursery in the Saitama Prefecture of Japan has been a friend of the JC Raulston Arboretum for many years. He has been the primary host for our several visits to Japan, bringing us to all the hidden horticultural gems around the country. His own nursery is one of the busiest in Japan where he sells everything from unusual Japanese rarities to the newest introductions from the breeding program of NC State's own Tom Ranney. His catalog even touts the JCRA's Calycanthus ×raulstonii 'Hartlage Wine' as a top seller. He is especially known in Japan and around the world for his blueberry production. He is a graduate of the University of Nebraska where he developed a love of the United States but never managed to get used to a Nebraska winter.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $10.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.