Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"An Evening with Beverly Nichols"
Mr. Roy Dicks
- Wednesday, January 17, 1996 – 8:00 pm–9:30 pm
A chance loaning of a gardening book by the English writer Nichols several years ago set good friend Roy Dicks off on a passionate quest to collect all the many out-of-print books on many different subjects written by this prolific writer. Roy is noted for his active involvement in local theater circles in both production and acting - and for a unique Arboretum Friends program he will do an "in character reading" of classic gardening and plant information selections excerpted from various Nichols writings.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Room 2722, Bostian Hall, NC State University.
- Bostian Hall is located between Kilgore Hall and the D. H. Hill Library on the NC State University campus.
- Free parking is available in the Brooks Avenue lot located on the northeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this lecture.