Photography Lecture and Workshop
"Horticultural Photography ... Exposed"
- Friday, September 22, 2000 – 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Saturday, September 23, 2000 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Saturday, September 30, 2000 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
– Review Session
- Friday, September 22, 2000 – 7:30 pm–9:30 pm – Lecture
- Saturday, September 23, 2000 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm – Workshop
- Saturday, September 30, 2000 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm – Review Session
The workshop will be conducted by Bob Lyons, JC Raulston Arboretum (JCRA) Director. Also a professional photographer, he has shown his work nationally, published over 200 photographs, is a principal photographer for Horticopia CD-ROMs, and has received awards from the Garden Writers Association of America, among others.
Part I. September 22, 2000 (Friday) at 7:30 PM: Two hour lecture with refreshments. This lecture will be held in room 159, Kilgore Hall, NC State University and is open to as many people who would like to enroll. The cost for this lecture (Part I) is $15.00 for JCRA members and $25.00 for non-members.
Part II. September 23 (Saturday) at 9:00 AM: One hour lecture held in the brick building's classroom at the Arboretum. Instructor-assisted shooting at the JCRA (2 hours). Box lunch (provided) at the Arboretum (1.5 hours). Instructor-assisted shooting (3 hours). Two rolls of film and processing are included in the cost of this workshop. This workshop (Part II) is limited to 15 (enrollment is filled, however, we are placing names on a waiting list and on a list for a future workshop) people and costs $60.00 for members and $90.00 (JCRA membership included) for nonmembers. Participants must have a 35mm camera and must be familiar with its operation.
Part III. September 30 (Saturday) at 9:00 AM: Individual review of personal images, anonymous critique of best shots of class by the class, and selection of single shot for publication in the JCRA Newsletter by class consensus. Wrap-up and conclusion. This workshop is limited to the people who registered for Part II.
- Lecture: $15.00 for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, all others $25.00; Workshop: $60.00 for Friends of the JC Rauslton Arboretum members, all others $90.00 (JCRA membership included).
- Advance registration is not available.
- Room 159, Kilgore Hall, NC State University.
- Kilgore Hall is located on the southeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street in Raleigh.
- Free parking is available in the Brooks Avenue lot located on the northeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this lecture and workshop.