Ruby C. McSwain Education Center Dedication Member's Preview
- Friday, September 20, 2002 – 5:30 pm–9:00 pm
The special Members Preview event will feature a BBQ dinner graciously sponsored by the North Carolina Association of Nurserymen (NCAN).
Also featured is a special lecture by David Creech, Ph.D., Director of the Mast Arboretum and professor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX. David Creech's research has focused on blueberry germplasm evaluation, rabbiteye blueberry nutrition and culture, endangered plants conservation and reintroduction, and CAD/GIS applications in urban horticulture. The SFASU Mast Arboretum is a 10-acre living garden laboratory for students in forestry, biology, and horticulture, as well as the public.
Registration begins at 5:30 PM. Lecture seating inside the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center's auditorium is limited. "Chair passes" will be distributed that night to the first 100 people to register. There will be sound speakers set up outside, so that everyone will be able to hear the lecture. The dinner and fellowship time begins at 6:00 PM, followed by the lecture at 7:30 PM
- Free for JCRA members (JCRA memberships will be available at the door
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this program.