"Horticultural Photography ... Exposed"
Bob Lyons, Director
- Saturday, June 1, 2002 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Saturday, June 8, 2002 – 9:00 pm–12:00 pm
The first time this workshop was offered, it filled in record time so we're doing it again, in a different season! Bob Lyons, JC Raulston Arboretum (JCRA) Director, will conduct the workshop. Also a professional photographer, he has shown his work nationally, published over 200 photographs, is a principal photographer for Horticopia CD-ROMs, and has received awards from the Garden Writers Association of America, among others.
Part I - May 31, 2002 (Friday) at 7:00 PM: Three hour lecture with refreshments. This lecture will be held in room 3712, Bostian Hall, NC State University and is open to as many people who would like to enroll. The cost for this lecture (Part I) is $15.00 for JCRA members and $45.00 for non-members (JCRA membership is included).
Part II - June 1, 2002 (Saturday) at 9:00 AM: One-hour lecture held in the brick building's classroom at the JCRA. Bob will give personal assistance in shooting at the JCRA (2 hours). Lunch (provided) at a local restaurant (1.5 hours). Bob will again work with students for another 3 hours. Two rolls of film and processing are included in the cost of this workshop. This workshop (Part II) is limited to 15 people and costs $75.00 for members and $105.00 (JCRA membership included) for non-members. Payment and registration for Part I is included with Part II. Registration is secure when payment is received. Participants must have a 35mm camera and must be familiar with its operation. Knowledge of camera's manual settings is important for this workshop.
Part III - June 8, 2002 (Saturday) at 9:00 AM: Wrap-up and conclusion. Individual review of personal images, anonymous critique of best shots of class by the class and instructor, and selection of single shot for publication in the JCRA Newsletter by class consensus. This workshop is limited to the people who registered for Part II and will be held in room 3712, Bostian Hall.
- $75.00 for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, all others $105.00 (JCRA membership is included).
- To register, please call (919) 515-5361.
- Part II: JC Raulston Arboretum, Part II: Room 2722, Bostian Hall, NC State University.
- The JC Raulston Arboretum is located at 4301 Beryl Road in Raleigh, North Carolina. Bostian Hall is located between Kilgore Hall and the D. H. Hill Library on the NC State University campus.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road and in the Brooks Avenue lot located on the northeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information.